120 houses incinerated in fire in Odisha’s Angul

Angul: As many as 120 houses have been gutted in a major fire mishap at Ambasaramunda village of Athamallik block here, today.

According to reports, about 50 families have been rendered homeless in the fire outbreak caused due to a gas cylinder explosion.

Local witnesses revealed that a short circuit in the kitchen of one Chabi Pradhan at about 12 noon, caused the gas cylinder explosion that led to the fire spreading rapidly in the village.

Two fire tenders from Athamallik arrived on the spot and it took fireworkers six hours to douse the flames. However, it is estimated that properties worth lakhs has turned into ashes.

“The gas cylinder that detonated was flung about a kilometre away from the house,” said Chabi Pradhan.

Several officials of the district administration have visited the village and spoken to the residents to take stock of the situation.

Also Read

Comments are closed.