Bhubaneswar: As many as 13 ministers out of 21 in Odisha cabinet headed by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik are crorepatis, revealed a report.
As per survey report by Odisha Election Watch and Association for Democratic Reforms based on self-sworn affidavits of 21 ministers from Odisha State Assembly 2019, the state cabinet has 13 crorepati ministers including CM Patnaik.
Patnaik emerged as the richest politician among 13 crorepati ministers in Odisha cabinet with over Rs 63 crore assets followed by Health & Family Welfare Minister Naba Kishore Das and Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water, Housing & Urban Development, Law Minister Pratap Jena.
While the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) supremo has total assets of Rs 63,87,41,816, Naba Das is the second wealthiest minister in Odisha cabinet with assets of Rs 33,62,73,707 and Pratap Jena is placed third with total assets of Rs 9,64,94,775.
Women & Child Development & Mission Shakti Minister Tukuni Sahu, who represents Titilagarh Assembly Constituency in Balangir district of the state, is the lone woman crorepati minister in the list with Rs 4,51,19,002.
Here’s the list of crorepati ministers in Odisha:
1. Naveen Patnaik – Rs 63,87,41,816
2. Naba Kisore Das – Rs 33,62,73,707
3. Pratap Jena – Rs 9,64,94,775
4. Ashok Chandra Panda – Rs 8,52,34,077
5. Dibya Shankar Mishra – Rs 8,07,41,800
6. Tukuni Sahu – Rs 4,51,19,002
7. Niranjan Pujari – Rs 3,97,25,100
8. Bikram Keshari Arukha – Rs 3,82,75,905
9. Raghunandan Das – Rs 3,05,20,780
10. Ranendra Pratap Swain – Rs 2,89,08,348
11. Sudam Marndi – Rs 2,46,38,604
12. Samir Ranjan Dash – Rs 2,43,54,816
13. Padmanabha Behera – Rs 2,30,84,647