15 rooms gutted, 16 cattle killed in Bhadrak fire

Bhadrak: As many as 15 rooms of three families were reduced to ashes after a major fire broke out at Agiragadia village under Banta block in Bhadrak district late last night.

As per reports, families of Sambhunath Nayak, Bharat Nayak and Kailash Nayak were rendered homeless due to the mishap that took place at around 2 AM. Besides, 16 cattle, including 10 goats were charred to death in the fire.  Later, a firefighting team from Agarapada was pressed into service to douse the flames.

However, the exact amount of property destroyed in the fire is yet to be ascertained. Short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the fire, sources said.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link