17-YO boy electrocuted to death, uncle critical in Odisha’s Sonepur

Sonepur: In an unfortunate incident,  a 17-year-old boy was electrocuted to death while his maternal uncle suffered grievous injuries after they came in contact with a live wire laid for poaching of wild boars at Silati village under Binika police station in Sonepur district.

The deceased has been identified as Trilochan Sathua of Salepali village under Bheden police limits in Bargarh district. He had come to his uncle’s house at Silati few days ago on a vacation.

As per sources, the minor boy and his maternal uncle Manoj Bania were going towards a nearby nullah on a motorcycle last evening when they came in contact with an electric wire that was laid for poaching of wild boars. While the minor was electrocuted to death on the spot, Manoj  was admitted to Community Health Centre (CHC) at Binika for treatment.

On receiving information, Binika police reached the spot and initiated an inquiry.

Meanwhile, locals alleged that though they have informed police, forest officials and the local administration about frequent occurrence of similar mishaps  in the area, the latter has turned a turned a mute spectator.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link