Bhubaneswar: Odisha’s COVID-19 toll crossed 100-mark after six more patients succumbed to the virus in the state in the last 24 hours. The toll mounts to 103, informed the Government.
The six COVID deaths have been reported from Cuttack, Gajapati, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapada Khordha and Rayagada. Besides, one each from Puri and Sundargarh districts died of other health complications
“Regret to inform the demise of six Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals ,” said the health and Family Welfare Department in a tweet.
Here’re details of 6 COVID deaths:
1. A 63-year old Male of Kendrapara district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension and Intra-cranial hemorrhage.
2. A 26-year old female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes and Hypertension.
4. A 58-year old Male of Jagatsinghpur district who was also suffering from Lung Cancer.
5. A 75-year old Male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Chronic Bronchiectasis.
6. A 74-year old Male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
Here’re details of 2 non COVID deaths:
1- A 40-year old female of Sundargarh district due to Cancer of Ovary, Hyperkalemia and Acute Kidney Injury.
2- A 46-year old female of Puri district due to Cancer of Lungs.
With two fresh deaths, the state’s non COVID death tally rose to 30.
Meanwhile, 657 persons from 23 districts tested positive for the virus in the last 24 hours taking the total count to 18,757.