Nabarangpur: Following increase in COVID-19 cases, Nabarangpur district administration in the interest of public health has imposed a three-day shutdown in the entire Umerkote town starting tomorrow.
The shutodwn which will come into effect from tomorrow till midnight of August 2.
However, essential activities will be allowed during the shutdown, informed the Collector.
The following activities will be allowed:
- All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, including medicine stores. Movement of Ambulance and all medical personnel.
- Block and Municipal Administration/Police/Fire Services.
- Central & State Government officials on emergency duty.
- Telecom services
- Petrol pumps.
- Print and Electronic Media identified by District Police.
- Water Supply, sanitation and sewerage workers.
- Electricity supply and distribution.
- Movement of goods and goods carriers, whether loaded or unloaded.
- industrial establishments, factories and construction activities.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Services and allied activities, including procurement at Mandis.
- Service Sector industries including lT/lTeS, Hotel & Hospitality units. Operation of hotels and hospitality units including their associated offices, movement of staff and associated personnel.
- Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles.
- Marriages and Funerals, with permission of District Authority.
- Operation of Bus station and their associated offices, movement of associated personnel and activities.
- Home delivery of food, groceries, vegetables and essential items by restaurants.
- Dhabas along National and State Highways/Major roads to takeaway only.
- Milk Booths.
Movement of individuals to remain strictly prohibited except for essential activities:
- No gathering of persons will be allowed in Nabarangpur district jurisdiction in any public or private places except gathering inside house or house premises.
- Non-essential gatherings and assemblies such as seminars, workshops, and conferences are to be cancelled.
- Social gatherings and assemblies like religious functions, marriage receptions, parties etc. shall not be conducted.
- No Marriage Barat / opera shows / and other functions shalr be organized.
- No Political rally / gathering for agitation should be conducted.
- Any type of Kalyan Mandap shall not be permitted to any functions where public gathering possibilities.
- All the Hotels where people stay on regular basis coming from outside should keep all precautionary measures of covlD-19 like sanitiier and isolation room during the period.
- Anybody with signs and symptoms like cough, fever or difficulty in breathing should call the district helpline.
- The sub Divisional Magistrate, Nabarangpur/ Executive Magistrates, llC concerned are hereby directed to keep a close watch on gathering of individuals in their respective areas.
- Rumor mongering, mis-information in social media will be dealt with very
“Any person found violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded as per the provisions of Sections 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005. Besides, legal action under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code and other legal provisions as applicable,” warned the district administration.
In the last 24 hours, 26 new COVID-19 cases were detected in the district taking the total count to 232, including 76 active cases.