Bhubaneswar: Three young women among five fresh COVID-19 cases with recent travel history to various states have tested positive for the deadly virus in Bhubaneswar.
Of 7 fresh COVID-19 cases reported in Khordha district today, five have been detected from Bhubaneswar, informed Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC).
Of five new cases, 3 have been reported from home quarantine and 2 are local contacts under BMC.
Home quarantine cases:
- One case of 31-year-old male has been reported from Chintamaniswar area near Budheswari Temple. He has a recent travel history to Delhi.
- One case of 41-year-old male from Patia area has a travel history to Saudi Arabia.
- One case of Kolathia of Khandagiri area is a 26-year-old female. She has a travel history to Medinipur (Midnapore) in West Bengal.
Local Contact cases:
- One case: 37 years old female, a resident of Behera Sahi in Nayapalli, had returned to Bhubaneswar from other district on June 8.
- One case: 28 years old female, an employee of a private hospital, had returned to Bhubaneswar from other district on June 11.
With this, the COVID tally in Bhubaneswar rose to 127 with 52 active cases and 71 recovered cases. As of today, three patients have succumbed to the deadly virus
Here’re details of remaining 2 cases from Khordha district:
- One home quarantine case from Bolagarah with recent travel history to Ganjam.
- One temporary medical camp (TMC) case from Haladia in Begunia area with travel hostory to Haryana.
Following 7 new cases reported from Khordha district, the number of cases surged to 362, of which 120 are active. The number of recovered cases reached 236.