Koraput: Following detection of more number of COVID-19 positive cases, the Koraput district administration declared a four-day shutdown in Jeypore Municipality area with effect from this midnight.
After some persons, who are in close contact of Coronavirus patients of Jeypore Municipality, were found infected with the virus, district Collector Madhusudan Mishra imposed the shutdown as part of effective measures to contain spread of the virus.
The shutdown will remain in force till midnight of July 28.
However, essential and emergency services such as medical, police, fire, telecom, postal services, sanitation, drinking water, ATMs, movement of goods vehicle via NH, agriculture activities, LPG distribution and petrol pumps will continue to operate during the shutdown.
Following activities are allowed during the shutdown:
1. All medicine shops to remain open as per practice (human & animals).
2. All State Government and Central Government offices will remain open for emergency duty under COVID-19.
3. Milk parlors to remain open to cater to the health needs.
4. Officials / persons / mediapersons can move with bonafide officials / emergency purpose.
5. Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles.
6. Garages, tyre and spare parts shops along NHs.
7. All banks to remain open from 8 AM to 2 PM
8. Newspaper hawkers will discharge their duty between 5 am and 8 am only.
9. Animal feed and fodder shops, fertilizers, pesticides, seeds, agriculture machinery spare parts and its repair shops.
10. Hotels will be allowed to operate with up to 30% capacity for providing service to in-house guests only.
11. No two/three/four wheeler vehicles will be allowed to ply except on medical/ emergency ground.
12. Marriage (not exceeding 50 guests) and funeral (not exceeding 20 peoples).