Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today announced emergency assistance for flood victims after a meeting with officials post an aerial survey of the affected areas in the State.
(1) All people displaced by the floods will be provided with cooked food / dry food as long as they are in shelter.
(2) 50 kg of rice and Rs 500 will be provided immediately to the families of the severely affected / submerged villages.
(3) One polythene sheet will be provided to each eligible family whose house has been demolished.
(4)The demolition assistance will be provided in accordance with SDRF rules. The district attorney’s office will assess the damage within 15 days and provide assistance over the next week.
(5) Under the SDRF rules, the victim will be provided with clothing and utensils.
(6) Dairy farmers will be provided with food aid under the SDRF rules.
(7) Free treatment and vaccination will be provided to animals and birds in the affected areas.
(8) Free veterinary camps will be set up in the affected areas to treat the animals and birds.
The CM added all other affected districts will be provided assistance under the SDRF Act.
Among others, the Additional Chief Secretary, Special Relief Commissioner and Principal Secretary of Water Resources Department were present during the meeting. Details on the flood situation, rescue and relief efforts and steps taken to protect the flood affected areas and victims were presented in the meeting.