Bhubaneswar: Six more COVID-19 patients succumbed to the deadly virus in Odisha, informed State Health & Family Welfare Department today.
“Regret to inform the demise of six Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” the Department tweeted.
While 5 deaths were reported from hotspot Ganjam district, 1 patient died of COVID-19 in Gajapati district.
Here’re details of deaths reported in last 24 hours:
1. 70-year old Male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
2. 40-year old Male of Ganjam district.
3. 55-year old female of Gajapati district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
4. 42-year old Male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
5. 54-year old Male of Ganjam district.
6. 52-year old Male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Hypertension and Diabetes.
Yesterday, two patients had died of COVID-19 in Ganjam. With 5 more deaths reported in last 24 hours, the toll rose to 59 in the district. Similarly, with one fresh death today, Gajapati district registered 4 deceased cases so far due to COVID-19.
With 6 more deaths in Odisha, the number of fatalities due to COVID-19 increased to 97 and 28 COVID patients died due to other health complications so far.
Today, 673 new positive cases have been reported from 23 districts. Of fresh cases, 444 have been detected from quarantine centres and 227 are local contacts. With new COVID cases, the tally surged to 18110 with 5533 active cases.