7-month-old girl dies after being bitten by venomous snake in Odisha’s Jajpur

Hatadihi: A baby girl died today in hospital after being bitten on her lips by a poisonous snake when she was sleeping in the wee hours with her mother at home in Gopapur village under Tamka police limits in Jajpur district.

The baby was identified as the daughter of Raghunath Lohar from the village.

Immediately, as the injured screamed and writhed in pain, she was rescued by her family members and taken to the government-run health facility in Anandpur for treatment in critical condition.

However, doctors at the hospital declared the girl ‘brought dead’.

“After hearing the baby’s scream, I woke up to see the snake still biting my daughter. Later, the reptile released her and left the place and went out of the house,” said the deceased’s mother.

Worth mentioning, the cases of snake bites are on rise in the rainy season. Such cases are often being reported from across the State.

Also Read

Comments are closed.