8 more COVID-19 patients die in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Eight more persons infected with COVID-19 died in Odisha, informed State Health & Family Welfare Department today.
Of fresh deaths, 6 patients succumbed to the novel coronavirus and remaining two COVID patients died due to other health complications.
“Regret to inform the demise of Six Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” the State H&fW tweeted.
While Ganjam district registered 3 fresh deaths due to COVID-19, 3 more Corona deaths were reported from Bhadrak, Gajapati and Rayagada districts. Similarly, two non-COVID deaths were reported from Khordha and Nayagarh districts.
“Regret to report the demise of 2 Covid positive patients due to other causes,” the State H&FW said in another tweet.
With fatality of 6 COVID patients, the death toll in Odisha rose to 120 and the deceased cases other than COVID reached 33.
Here’re details of fresh deceased cases due to COVID-19 in last 24 hours:
1. 44-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
2. 71-year old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension and Chronic Kidney Disease.
3. 53-year old male of Gajapati district.
4. 59-year old female of Ganjam district.
5. 50-year old female of Ganjam district.
6. 60-year old male of Bhadrak district who was also suffering from Diabetes and Hypertension.
Following 3 more COVID-19 deaths in Ganjam, the toll in the hotspot district surged to 70. With fresh death of COVID patients in Bhadrak, Rayagada and Gajapati, the total death cases in the districts rose to 2, 3 and 7 respectively.
The two more patients died due to other ailments are from Khordha and Nayagarh districts.
Here’s update on newly deceased cases due to other causes:
1. 75-year old male of Khordha district who expired due to Intra cerebral hemorrhage & brainstem infarction.
2. 40-year old male of Nayagarh district who expired due to Cancer of Stomach & Lungs.
Moreover, another 1594 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in the last 24 hours in Odisha. The fresh cases have been reported from 28 districts, of which 1067 are quarantine cases and remaining 527 are local contacts. With the all-time high cases reported today, the tally in the State increased to 22,693.