Area around Raj Bhavan declared safe a day after petrol station blast in Odisha capital

Bhubaneswar: The area around  Raj Bhavan in Odisha capital, which was jolted due to a massive explosion and fire mishap at nearby petrol station yesterday, has been declared safe, informed Fire Services DG Satyajit Mohanty today.

In a late night operation, a team from Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) removed LPG from the tanker that was present at the site of mishap. A special vehicle from Balasore had arrived at the spot for the purpose.

The area is now safe from any potential hazard, the official said.

A major fire broke out at the petrol station yesterday as an underground fuel storage tank caught fire which led to the mishap along with an explosion. The blast injured multiple persons besides damaging many vehicles at the petrol station.

Window panes of many houses of nearby residential areas broke under the impact of the explosion leaving the residents panic stricken. Many of them rushed out of their houses in fear.

As many as three stretches of road–  AG Square to Raj Bhavan Square, Raj Bhavan Square to Gopabandhu Square, and Power House Square to Raj Bhawan Square– were sealed after the fire mishap.

Petroleum & Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has ordered the Department Secretary to probe into the incident and submit a report.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link