Asst Engineer in Odisha Vigilance net over disproportionate assets
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance officials today raided multiple places in connection with allegation against Manas Ranjan Samal, Asst. Engineer, GPH Division-I, Bhubaneswar regarding possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Officers of the anti-corruption agency carried out simultaneous raids on the strength of search warrants issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar.
The searches were led by 3 DSPs, 11 Inspectors, 2 Sub Inspectors, 5 ASIs and other staff of the Vigilance.
The following places were raided by the Vigilance:
(1) Triple storied building over plot No E/122, Sector -7, CDA, Cuttack.
(2) Single storied building located at Champatipatna, Salipur, Dist. Cuttack.
(3) One flat vide No. 206-B.B. Block, Srusti Plaza, Kantilo, Jatani.
(4) Residential house of his relative located at Gandikapur, near Kujanga, Dist. Jagatsinghpur.
(5) Office chamber at GPH Division no. -I at Bhubaneswar.
(6) House of his friend located at Champatipatna, Salipur, Dist. Cuttack.
Till last reports came in, the searches were underway while the total value of his movable and immovable properties was yet to be calculated.