Bhubaneswar: The Rajendra University in Odisha’s Balangir has been recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under the section 2(f) of the UGC Act. An application for the UGC recognition was rejected by the commission, last year.
The UGC has asked the university to adhere to the following.
* To ensure that no off campus centre(s)/ study centre(s) is opened beyond the territorial jurisdiction of the University as stipulated in the Act and in no case beyond the territory of the State.
* To ensure that no programmes should be offered through franchising arrangements with private institutions.
* To ensure that no study centre(s) are opened through franchises by the University.
* In case the university has already started any off-campus/ study centre and the centre operating through franchises outside the State, it must be closed immediately.
* No Open and Distance Learning programmes and online programmes shall be started without the prior recognition of UGC.
* M.Phil/PhD programmes can be conducted as per the provisions of UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Awards of M.Phil/ Ph D Degree) Regulations, 2016.
* The University is required to follow all the UGC Regulations.