Tulsidas Jayanti celebrates the birth anniversary of Goswami Tulsidas. He was a great Hindu saint and poet. He wrote epic Ramcharitmanas.
Tulsidas Jayanti is observed on the ‘Saptami’ of the Krishna Paksha during the month of ‘Shravana’ in the traditional Hindu calendar.
On the occasion of Tulsidas Jayanti, here are best quotes by him:
- “All the sleepers in a night of delusion beholding so many dreams. In this world of darkness, only those who sever themselves from the material world, become absorbed in the contemplation of the supreme. None can be regarded as really woken up from sleep till they have renounced all sensuous delights.”
- “It is sinful to even see the face of a man who does not feel his friend’s pain. Treat your own mountain-like pain as though it were a speck. Treat your friend’s speck-like pain as though it were a mountain.”
- “The elephant passing through the market-place is always beset by curs, but he cares not. He goes straight on his own way. So it is always when a great soul appears there will be numbers to bark after him.”
- “Unless one cultivates a slave-master relationship with the Lord, no one can go across the ocean of this material world. Who is as virtuous a master as Rama? And who is as vicious as I am?“
- “Nothing is unattainable, my Lord, to him who enjoys Your grace. Through Your might, a mere shred of cotton can surely burn a submarine fire (the impossible can be made possible).”
- “Faith in the Creator, who is mainly in his Godness and Godly in his man-ness, is like a human-self and can take him along.“
- “I call him Rama. You can call him by any other name but have faith in him, surrender all worldly desires and passions to his will, and without effort, become disciplined and principled.“
- “To follow the path of knowledge is to tread on the edge of a sword. Once you get into it, there is no escape.“
- “The world knows that to quell the belly-fire, I ate crumbs and morsels given by men of caste, high-caste, low-caste, or no cast.“
- “There is no difference between knowledge and devotion, Both of them save the soul from the miseries of worldly life.“
- “No virtue is equal to the good of others and no vice greater than hurting others.“