Bhubaneswar: Bomikhal area of Odisha capital has been sealed after three persons of the locality tested positive for COVID-19. The area has been declared as ‘containment zone’ to prevent possibility of coronavirus transmission.
The area coming within the boundary as indicated below has been declared as containment zone:
* Café Coffee Day Lane (Near Ekamra Hall) to Jharpada Canal Road.
* Jharpada Canal Road to Jharpada Durga Mandap.
* Jharpada Durga Mandap to Cuttack-Puri Road (DCB Bank Square).
* Cuttack-Puri Road (DCB Bank Square) to Café Coffee Day Lane (Near Ekamra Hall).
“No public shall be allowed to move into the containment zone and the inhabitants within the containment zone shall not move out. All the inhabitants within the containment zone shall strictly remain in home,” an official order of the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) said.
“All the shopping establishment of whatsoever nature shall be closed immediately. The supply of essentials and medical requirements will be ensured through various teams formed by BMC. All the government and private institutions located within the boundary of the containment zone will be closed,” the order added.
The following officers have been declared as the nodal officers to ensure smooth supply of essentials/facilities:
* Bhabani Pr Mishra, OAS (Mob: 9437258611) : Sanitation.
* Kamaljit Das, OAS (Mob: 9439431672): Supply of Essentials.
* Dr G. C. Pati, ADPHO ( Mob: 8637288528): Health Requirements.
Notably, Surya Nagar area of the city has already been sealed as a resident of the locality tested positive for the virus.