Bhubaneswar: Abhimanyu Choudhury, SI of Tamando police station in Odisha capital, was found in possession of properties worth crores of rupees during raid by the Vigilance, today.
Acting on a complaint against the police official regarding possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, the anti-corruption agency raided multiple places belonging to him.
The following properties in the name of the SI and his family members were unearthed during the raids:
* A four-storeyed building at Unit-8, Paika Nagar, Bhubaneswar with about 10,000 sq ft area. The valuation appears to be about Rs 1.5 crore. However, the Technical Team of Odisha Vigilance is carrying out measurements to assess the value.
* A single-storeyed building at Nachhipur, PS-Ranpur, Dist-Nayagarh.
* Eight plots including 7 plots in prime areas in and around Bhubaneswar and one plot in Nachhipur, Dist-Nayagarh. The measurement and valuation/ assessment of the plots is being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing.
* Bank deposits approx Rs 78.80 lakh.
* Cash of over Rs 1.75 Lakh.
* 3 two-wheelers.
Till last reports came in, the searches were underway while the calculation of final value of his movable and immovable properties was yet to be completed.