Bhubaneswar: The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) today eased restrictions for different shops in areas under its jurisdiction. After reviewing the situation, the civic body has made relaxations for following shops.
- Shops, including ration shops (Under PDS) dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, meat & Fish, Animal Feed and Fodder, Seeds, Fertilizers and Pesticides including their transportation, warehousing and related activities Food and grocery shall mean all items of food and grocery that are usually consumed by people on day to day basis and include, among others, hygiene products such as Hand washes, Soaps, Disinfectants, Body wash, Shampoos, Surface cleaners, detergents, tissue papers, toothpastes, oral care, sanitary pads, diapers, charger and battery cells, etc.
- All shops including neighbourhood shops and standalone shops, shops in residential complexes registered under Odisha Shops and Commercial Establishment Act 1956 except shops in market complexes and multi-brand and single brand malls, with 50% strength of workers.
- Shops that repair and service electrical and electronic appliances including fans, air coolers, water purifiers, air conditioners, mobile phones, computers, Accessories, etc.
- All motor garage, battery shops, tyre shops, motor part shops, lubricant shops.
- Shops selling educational books and stationeries for students.
(For the purpose of this order any single building having more than five shops/commercial establishments shall be treated as market complex hence shall not operate except essential commodity shops. This covers all the shops allowed under point No (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v))
- Take away & Home Delivery restaurants.
- Home Delivery of essential commodities by operators/online delivery services & Courier Services such as Amazon, Flipkart, Bluedart, DTDC, Big Basket, Grofers, Urban Clap, Zomato, Myntra, Swiggy, KFC, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Uber Eats, etc
- Home Delivery of all essential goods through E-commerce/online platforms.
- Retailers of Food and Grocery items such as Big Bazaar, Reliance Fresh, Omfed. Opolfed, Chilika Fresh, Spencer’s, etc. which can function all days. They are also allowed to provide home delivery services.
- Banks and ATMs including IT Vendors for banking operations, Banking correspondents, ATM operations and cash management agencies. However the offices mentioned above shall function with maximum 30% of their staff strength.
- Telecommunications, Internet Services, broadcasting and cable services/DTH and optical Fibre.
- Petrol Pumps, LPG, Petroleum and Gas retail and storage outlets.
- Private Security Services and Facilities management services for maintenance and upkeep of office and residential complexes.
- Hotels, Home stays, Lodges and Motels, which are accommodating tourists and persons stranded due to lockdown, medical and emergency staffs, air and sea crew. Establishments used/earmarked for quarantine facilities.
- Services provided by Self Employed persons e.g., Electrician, IT Repair, Plumbers, motor mechanics and carpenters.
- Construction of Works in construction projects, where workers are available on site and no workers are required to be brought in from outside (in-situ construction). Bringing workers from outside the work-site is strictly prohibited.
Shops dealing in construction equipments and supplies such as cement, iron rods, chips etc. The materials to be delivered at the construction sites preferably during the night. This is to be ensured by the agencies/developers/Contractors in coordination with the shop owners. xix. Offices of Industries/Business Establishments in Bhubaneswar will be allowed to operate with 25% staff strength. Head of the Office will be responsible for its compliance. The Head of the Office will issue necessary documents for the purpose of Police Enforcement.
i. All market complexes, multi-brand and single brand malls.
ii. Gymnasiums/Game Parlours/Saloons/Spa/Beauty Parlours/Massage Centres.
iii. All shops(including Thelas) of Pan & Betel / Tea & Coffee Stalls & booths/ Fast Food & Tiffin / Fruit Juice etc.
Conditions and timing of operation
a) At any point of time not more than 5 customers will be allowed inside any shop.
b) All the guidelines issued by Govt of India/Govt of Odisha/BMC relating to social distancing shall be applicable and it will be the responsibility of the shop owners to ensure it.
c) Wearing of Mask by each Employee of the Shops/commercial establishments etc. is mandatory.
d) Employees having FLU like symptoms shall not be allowed to work in any shop/commercial establishment.
e) Provision of Hand washing/Sanitizers for the employees should be ensured by the Shop Owners.
f) All the vegetable/Grocery markets will continue to function as decentralized places as per previous Order of BMC.
g) All the retail Shops other than of essential commodities and medicine shall be allowed to operate from 08.00 AM to 06.00 PM.
h) The trade license or certified copy by the owner of the Shops/Commercial Establishments will be used as passes for movement of Shop owners/Employees.