Bhubaneswar: In view of the surge in COVID-19 cases, the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) imposed additional restrictions on celebrations of Good Friday in the state capital today.
Last month, the BMC had stipulated restrictions on celebration of festivals and religious festivals falling in April.
In its fresh order for Good Friday (today), the BMC directed all concerned to ensure strict adherence of the following additional guidelines:
1. Any kind of congregations for celebration of Good Friday in public is not allowed within BMC
2. However, usual religious rituals for celebration of Good Friday in churches are allowed with a
maximum number of 50 participants at one point of time. However the ceiling of 50 participants is subject to adherence of social distancing protocol of 6 ft among two person. In case, the size of the church is such that 50 participants cannot maintain appropriate social distancing among themselves then that many participants are allowed so that they can maintain social distancing of 6 feet. And the number of participants shall not go beyond 50 under any circumstances.
3. Church authorities to ensure that all the participants wear face mask appropriately at all times.
4. Church authorities to also ensure that there is provision of hand wash or hand sanitizer for the participants at the entry point.
5. Person having SARI/ILI Like symptoms shall not be allowed inside the church.
6. Persons aged above 65, persons with comorbidities and children below 10 years of age
are advised not to attend such celebrations.