BREAKING: 2-day shutdown announced in this Odisha district
Sambalpur: To prevent spread of the deadly Coronavirus in Sambalpur, the administration today announced two-day shutdown in the entire district starting tomorrow (July 18).
Intra-district movement of public and private transport, closure of shops, commercial establishments and Government and private institutions and restriction on public movement will be ensured during the shutdown.
However, the following activities will be allowed:
- All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes including medicine stores and movement of Ambulance and all medical personnel.
- District (Emergency) and Municipal Administration/Police/Fire Services
- Central and State Government Officials on emergency duty
- Telecom services
- Petrol Pumps
- Print and Electronic Media
- Water Supply, sanitation and sewerage workers
- Electricity supply and distribution
- Movement of goods and good carriers, whether loaded or unloaded
- Industrial establishments, factories and construction activities
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Services and allied activities
- Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles
- Marriages and Funerals, with permission of local authority
- ATMs and critical financial institutions like RBI, Clearing Houses
- Dhabas along National and State Highways/ Major roads for takeaway only Milk booths
- LPG distribution, home delivery of cooking gas and associated facilities, personnel
and vehicular movement.
“Any deviation in this regard shall be viewed seriously and the violators will be prosecuted as per law,” the order reads.