Bhubaneswar: Six more persons including a 2-year-old girl infected with COVID-19 died in Odisha, informed State Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) Department today.
Of 6 fresh deaths, 5 succumbed to COVID-19 and a toddler died due to other ailments.
“Regret to inform the demise of five Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” the State H&FW tweeted.
As per State H&FW dashboard, one each patient passed away in Balasore, Ganjam, Kandhamal, Malkangiri and Puri districts due to COVID-19.
With this, the COVID-19 death toll in Odisha increased to 159.
Here’re details of fresh deaths due to COVID shared by the Department:
1. 46-year old male of Balasore district who was also suffering from Diabetes and Hypertension.
2. 55-year old female of Puri district.
3. 60-year old female of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes and Hypertension.
4. 50-year old male of Phulbani district who was also suffering from Alcoholic Liver disease, Jaundice and Hepatic encephalopathy.
5. 62-year old female of Malkangiri district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
Meanwhile, one baby girl died due to other health complications in Bhadrak district taking the toll other than COVID in the State to 36.
“Regret to report the demise of a two-year old Covid positive female child of Bhadrak district who expired due to Congenital Heart Disease with Cardiac failure,” the State H&FW Department said in a tweet.