Bhubaneswar: Another 9 persons infected with COVID-19 died in the last 24 hours in Odisha, informed State Health & Family Welfare Department dashboard today.
Of 9 fresh deaths, 8 succumbed to COVID-19 and one died due to other health complications.
“Regret to inform the demise of eight Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” the State H&FW tweeted.
While COVID-19 claimed 4 lives in Ganjam district, 1 each died under treatment in Khordha, Gajapati, Sundargarh and Nayagarh districts. The death case other than COVID was reported from Keonjhar district.
With this, the death toll due to COVID-19 rose to 177 in Odisha and the number of deaths other than COVID reached 37.
Here’re details shared by the State H&FW Department on fresh COVID-19 deaths:
1. 81-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
2. 79-year old male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Hypertension and end-stage renal disease with Uremic Encephalopathy.
3. 49-year old male of Ganjam district.
4. 82-year old female of Nayagarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension and Cerebrovascular Accident (Stroke).
5. 58-year old female of Gajapati district.
6. 52-year old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
7. 45-year old male of Ganjam district.
8. 73-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Parkinsonism, Coronary Artery Disease, Diabetes & Hypertension.
Another COVID-19 patient died due to other health related ailments was a minor girl.
“Regret to report the demise of a 12-year old Covid positive female child of Keonjhar district who expired due to Acute Peritonitis,” the State H&FW Department tweeted.