Bhubaneswar: Five more COVID-19 patients in Odisha succumbed to the virus taking the death toll in the state to 34, informed the Health and Family Welfare Department.
The five deceased include three from Ganjam and two from Khordha district. With the fresh deaths, the death toll in Ganjam district rose to 21, including one fatality caused by other health complications. Similarly, the number of deaths in Khordha mounted to seven.
Details of 5 fresh COVID19 deaths:
1. 51-year-old male of Bhubaneswar, also suffering from Pleural Tuberculosis.
2. 64-year-old male of Bhubaneswar, also suffering from Diabetes.
3. 50-year-old male of Ganjam, also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension
4. 27-year-old male of Ganjam
5. 35-year-old male of Ganjam
Besides, one more COVID-19 patent in Cuttack district died due to other health complications. With this, the number of non COVID deaths in the state surged to nine.
Regret to report that a 60 year old Covid positive Male patient of Cuttack district passed away due to Terminal Gall Bladder cancer with obstructive jaundice.
— H & FW Dept Odisha (@HFWOdisha) July 4, 2020
Meanwhile, 495 persons have tested positive for coronavirus in the state in the last 24 hours taking the total count to 8601. Ganjam registered the highest 216 fresh cases.