Bhubaneswar: In view of massive protests against Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) 2019 at various railway stations in Howrah-Kharagpur Railway section of South Eastern Railway, the authorities today cancelled a few more trains running through Odisha.
As many as 17 trains have been cancelled due to cancellation of connecting trains from various stations, causing inconveniences to passengers, who had booked reservations for their destinations.
While five trains including Howrah-Chennai Mail will remain off the track from Howrah, services of 12 others have been suspended in view of public agitation.
Here’s the list of cancelled trains from Howrah:
01. 22201 Sealdah-Puri Express from Sealdah on Dec 16
02. 12841 Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express from Howrah on Dec 16
03. 12863 Howrah-Yesvantpur Express from Howrah on Dec 16
04. 12839 Howrah-Chennai Mail from Howrah on Dec 16
05. 12703 Howrah-Secunderabad Falaknuma Express from Howrah on Dec 16
Other cancellation of trains:
01. 20890 Tirupati-Howrah express from Tirupati on Dec 15
02. 22878 Ernakulam-Howrah Express from Ernakulam on Dec 17
03. 12246 Yesvantpur-Howrah Express from Yesvantpur on Dec 16
04. 22860 Chennai-Puri Express from Chennai on Dec 16
05. 18048 Vascodagama- Howrah Amaravati Express from Vascodagama on Dec 15
06. 12864 Yesvantpur-Howrah Express from Yesvantpur on Dec 15
07. 02860 Chennai-Puri Special from Chennai on Dec 16
08. 22818 Mysore-Howrah Express from Mysore on Dec 16
09. 12246 Yesvantpur-Howrah Express from Yesvantpur on Dec 16
10. 12510 Guwahati-Bangalore Cant Express from Guwahati on Dec 17
11. 12504 Agartala-Bangalore Cant Express from Agartala on Dec 17
12. 12514 Guwahati-Secunderabad Express from Guwahati on Dec 19
Worth mentioning, all the above cancellation of trains is the effect of disturbance in railway services on Dec 13 and 14 due to ongoing protests against Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB) that became an Act with the President’s assent.