CBI quizzes two Odisha scribes in Itishree murder case

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Rayagada, Apr 20:

During the ongoing third phase probe into the sensational Itishree murder case, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officials on Sunday interrogated two journalists and daughter of one of the accused, Netrananda Dandsena, among others at Tikiri in Odisha’s Rayagada district.

itishree pradhan

Inspector RD Sharma, who is heading the probe team, grilled two local journalists to unravel the mystery behind the murder of the lady teacher of Tikiri Upper Primary School in Rayagada district.

The sleuths sought to know details on how did they come to know about the incident, what did they see, who all were present there and who rushed the victim to hospital and in what condition… these were some of the questions the investigating team posed to the media professionals.

Later, the officials questioned Naliniprabha Dandsena, daughter of one of the accused, Netrananda Dandsena, a former colleague of Itishree presently in jail, for over an hour.

In the course of investigation, the sleuths had come to know about an altercation between Itishree and Nalini when they were working in the Tikiri school.

The officials inquired about the reason which led to the tiff between the duo and the conduct of the deceased.

Besides, a few other persons were also interrogated by the CBI. The Block Resource Centre Coordinator (BRCC) Renga Nayak, Itishree’s cousins Prashant Dalei and Bijay Kumar Bhol and teacher Soubhagini Bhol were grilled for 30 min to 1 hour each.

As some of them had deposed before the court to record their statements, their versions will be scrutinised to find any incoherence, probe officials said.

Meanwhile, sources close to the developments said the incoherence between Itishree’s last statements and the probe findings so far has made the case complicated.

It may be recalled that the lady teacher was set on fire by unidentified assailants on October 27, 2013 night when she was sleeping in her room.

With 90 percent burn injuries, she was shifted to a private hospital in Vizag where the 36-year-old lady breathed her last on November 1.

Also Read

Comments are closed.