CBSE permits change in exam centre for Class X, XII exams; Details here
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has permitted change in examination centre for Class-X and Class-XII exams in view of the COVID-19 situation.
“It has come to the notice of the board that because of Covid pandemic, some students of classes-X and XII along with their families have shifted to some other city/country and therefore, they are unable to appear in the practical examination/theory examination from the school/examination centre from where the students are registered for the board examinations. Looking into the problem, CBSE has decided to permit the change in examination centre,” the CBSE said in a letter to the principals of all affiliated schools.
The process for making a request in this regard would be as follows:
* Student concerned will make a request to the school requesting to change the theory examination centre/practical examination centre or both (as the case may be). While making the request, the student will also inform about the school and the city he/she would prefer to appear in the theory examination/practical examination.
* Based on the request received by the school from the student, the school will login into school account on the CBSE website and submit the details of the student i.e. name of the student, Roll No., change required in theory, change required in practical, change required in both, required city/country etc.
* The choice of city where a student wishes to appear in the examination should be submitted carefully as no change will be allowed once a request is submitted by the school.
* In case change for both theory examination centre and practical examination centre is required, both will be changed to one city only. Two separate centres i.e. one for theory and one for practical will not be allowed.
* Based on the request, CBSE will allot the examination centre in the same city or in neighboring city. Decision of the CBSE will be final.
* During the conduct of practical examination, marks will be uploaded as per instructions by the school from where the student has appeared in the practical.
* Results of these candidates will be declared from the Regional Offices from where they were registered.
* In case there is any candidate who is suffering from Covid and not able to appear in the practical examination, school can also make a request for change of city through the same login ID.
The schedule for the entire process will be as follows:
1) Students can send the request to their school by 25th March, 2021.
2) School will upload the requests latest by 31st March, 2021.
No request beyond the above schedule, in any case, shall be accepted by the CBSE for change of centre.