India will celebrate the 53rd anniversary of CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) Raising Day on March 10, 2022.
CISF was formed on March 10, 1969 under the CISF Act of the Parliament of India. It started with as many as 2,800 personnel for the better protection and security of industrial undertakings in the country. Three battalions were formed to provide integrated security cover to the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) which, in those years, occupied the commanding heights of the economy.
CISF is governed by the Ministry of Home Affairs. It is one of the six Indian paramilitary forces that works seaways, airways and some of the major installations in the country. It also provides consultancy services to government and private organizations on security and fire protection Observing CISF Raising Day signifies better protection and security of industrial undertakings in the country.
Here are few inspiring quotes on CISF Raising Day:
- If you don’t have my army supplied, and keep it supplied, we’ll eat your mules up, William Tecumseh Sherman.
- Secret operations are essential in war; upon them the army relies to make its every move.Sun Tzu
- Really I feel less keen about the Army every day. I think the Church would suit me better. Winston Churchill.
- The army is the true nobility of our country. Napoleon Bonaparte
- Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all. George Washington.