Commissionerate Police issues guidelines for DJs, musical bands, organisers ahead of Durga Puja
Bhubaneswar/Cuttack: With festive fervour gathering momentum and Dussehra getting closer, Twin City Commissionerate Police today issued guidelines for DJs, musical bands and Durga Puja organisers.
In its guidelines, the police administration insisted that the provisions of Noise Pollution (Regulation and Control) Rules, 2000 and the order of the Honourable Supreme Court, thereby restricting sound output of loudspeakers to the extent of 65 DB (decibel) and stipulations of Commissioner’s order No-7/10 shall be strictly followed in the use of loudspeaker during Durga Puja festival, this year.
The guidelines of Commissionerate Police further stated that all the band/ DJ and musical parties using amplifiers along with other musical instruments shall install sound limiters connected to the amplifiers with fixed output of 65 decibel of sound.
Additional instructions given by the police administration:
- One band and one music party will be allowed and no extra set will be allowed during the immersion procession.
- Use of number of sound boxes by the music party should be limited to 4-5 during Dussehra Puja.
- No audio system shall be let out without being fitted with sound limiters.
- The band/DJ and musical parties registered in the Office of the DCP, Bhubaneswar/Cuttack will be allowed to use their bands in Dussehra, 2022.
- Prescribed limit of 65 decibel output of sound shall not be exceeded by the band/DJ and music parties throughout the events.
- Nobody shall be allowed to play music using any other license.
- No music shall be played within the radius of 100 meters of silent zones including school, college, hospital and court etc.
- The time and route given to the procession should be strictly followed by the band/DJ and musical parties.
- In no circumstances, the band/DJ and musical parties shall perform on National Highways and in areas where prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CRPC is promulgated.
- No focus/flash lights will be used by the DJ/band parties in the processions.
- Maximum 6 numbers of trolleys to be used during immersion procession.
Notably, legal action will be initiated against the violators who defy the norms and conditions of the license issued to them and musical instruments will be seized to this effect.