Bhubaneswar: In a bid to check spread of the highly-infectious coronavirus, administrations of four more districts- Jagatsinghpur, Kandhamal, Bhadrak, Gajapati and Mayurbhanj districts have imposed prohibitory orders under Section-144.
In Jagatsinghpur district, all shopping malls, hotels, tourist places and several religious institutions have been closed. Besides, various social and cultural gatherings have been restricted in the entire district. “Tourists have been restricted to visit Sarala temple, Gorakhanath temple, Dhyankud Jagannath temple, Siali beach, Balijatra Ground and Nehru Bunglow in Paradip town. 27 visitors have been kept under observation,” said an official.
Besides, Collector Sangram Keshari Mohapatra has asked Government officials to carry out official work online as much as possible. Besides, people to be found spreading rumors about the deadly virus will be arrested, said SP Prakash R.
As per the prohibitory orders under Section 144:
- No gathering of more than 05 (live) persons will be allowed in this district in any public or private places except gathering inside house or house premises and weekly market
- No social and ritual functions shall be conducted.
- No Jani Yatra Dandanata/Opera Show / Marriage Barat and other functions shall be organized.
- No Political rally/ any gathering for agitation should be conducted. 5. Any type of Kalyan Mandap Shall not be permitted to any functions where public gathering Possibilities.
- All Hotels where people reside on regular basis coming from outside should keep all precautionary measured of COVID-19 like hand sanitizer and isolation room during the period. Anybody with signs and symptoms like cough, fever difficulty in breathing should call district Helpline No-06842-253229.9439988678, 9439988715
- Distribution of leaflets or any other awareness materials reading Corona Virus must be undertaken only with prior approval of District Magistrate.
- The Superintendent of Police/ All Sub-Divisional Magistrate/All Executive Magistrates All TICs of Police Station of the District are hereby directed to keep watch on gathering of individuals in their respective areas and to check such area on regular basis and any violation of order of Govt. or District Authorities be immediately brought to the notice of the under signed and suitable preventive action be taken
- On violation of order U/s 144 CrPC, complaint will be lodged against the party U/s 188 IPC
- No rumors should be made by the party within the stipulated time of thirty days.
- All the persons should cooperate in abiding by the restrain order
- This order will remain in force till it is revoked or rescinded by this court.
Later this evening, prohibitory orders have been lifted in Bolangir. Section 144 of CrPC was clamped in the western Odisha town yesterday. However, restrictions will be in force on organising marriage functions and other gatherings.
Earlier, Ganjam, Jajpur, Dhenkanal clamped Section 144 in their respective districts as part of precautionary measures for the deadly virus.
In Jajpur too the Section 144 was lifted this evening. However, restriction will remain.
Strict vigilance should be maintained by all concerned to enforce social distancing in village and urban haats, public transport systems, public utilities, Government offices, supermarkets, temples, mosques and other religious places, banks, post offices, health facilities and workplaces for effective containment of epidemic, a comminique from the Jajpur Collector’s office said.