Couple among 5 dies of electrocution in Odisha

Balangir/Nayagarh: In an unfortunate incident, five persons, including a couple, died of electrocution at two separate places in Balangir and Nayagarh districts today.

As per reports, a couple of Agalpur village under Loisinga police limits was electrocuted after coming in contact with a live electric wire this morning. When Rajani Nag was drying wet clothes, she accidentally touched a live wire and died on the spot. When her husband Hemant rushed to rescue her, he also suffered from electric shock and later died.

In a separate incident, a youth died of electrocution while his sister suffered injuries at Gurunda village under Kantabanjhi block in the district today. The deceased has been identified as is yet to be ascertained Karnadani Saraf. The incident took place when Karnadani went to save his younger sister suffering from an electric shock outside their house.

In Nayagarh incident, two persons including an electrician were killed after coming in contact with live electric wire at Rankadeuli village under Ranpur police limits. The deceased are-Laxman Sahu and Rabi Parida.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link