Couple burnt alive in fire mishap in Odisha’s Jharsuguda

Jharsuguda: Tragedy struck a family of Rampur village under Brajrajnagar police limits in Jharsuguda district after a couple were charred to death in a fire mishap today.

The incident took place at around 8.30 AM today.

Sources said wife of 45-year-old Giribara Das was taking a coal stove inside the house this morning when her clothes caught fire. Though she threw away the stove in a bid to save herself, she was charged t o death. When Giribara went to rescue her, he also died in the fire. Later the fire further spread  and several household items were reduced to ashes.

On receiving information, a team of police reached the spot and initiated an inquiry in this connection.

Further details awaited.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link