Bhubaneswar: Six more persons including two women infected with novel coronavirus (COVID-19) died in Odisha, informed State Health & Family Welfare Department today.
“Regret to inform the demise of Six Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” the Department tweeted.
While five deaths were reported from Ganjam district, one patient succumbed to the deadly virus in Khordha district. With fresh casualties, the number of deaths in hotspot districts Ganjam and Khordha surged to 67 and 15 respectively.
Here’re details of fresh fatalities occurred due to COVID-19 in last 24 hours:
1. 41-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Hypertension
2. 86-year old female of Khordha district who was also suffering from Diabetes and Hypertension.
3. 63-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
4. 51-year old female of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes and Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
5. 69-year old male of Ganjam district.
6. 57-year old Male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes and Hypertension.
With fresh deaths in last 24 hours, the number of deceased cases increased to 114 in Odisha and fatalities other than COVID stand at 31 so far.
The State reported 1264 new positive cases from 27 districts in last 24 hours breaching 21000-mark. Following detection of fresh cases, the tally in Odisha rose to 21,099 with 7,205 active cases.