Bhubaneswar: The COVID-19 toll climbed to 333 in Odisha with 9 more fatalities in the last 24 hours, informed State Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) Department dashboard today.
“Regret to inform of the demise of nine Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” the Department tweeted.
It appears like COVID-19 casualty started to drop in hotspot Ganjam district as only one death case was reported in the last 24 hours. The highest number of 4 new deaths have been reported in Sambalpur district followed by Cuttack with 2. Nayagarh and Keonjhar districts registered 1 death each.
Here’re details of fresh deaths shared by the State H&FW Department:
1. A 67 year old female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Hypertension & Chronic Kidney Disease.
2. A 50 year old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
3. A 53 year old male of Ganjam district .
4. A 58 year old male of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
5. A 75 year old male of Nayagarh district.
6. A 65 year old female of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
7. A 74 year old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
8. A 78 year old male of Sambalpur district
9. A 50 year old female of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
Following 9 new deaths in Odisha, the toll increased to 152 in Ganjam district, 16 in Cuttack district, 9 in Nayagarh district, 7 in Sambalpur district and 5 in Keonjhar district.
Besides, the number of deaths in other districts is – Khordha (42), Sundargarh (21), Gajapati (16), Rayagada (14), Balasore (7), Kandhamal (6), Puri (8), Bhadrak (4), Angul (3), Bargarh (3), Mayurbhanj (3), Jajpur (3), Kendrapara (3), Malkangiri (2), Koraput (2), Kalahandi (2), Jagatsinghpur (2), Dhenkanal (1), Jharsuguda (1) and Nabarangpur (1).