Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government today issued guidelines for its offices after some government employees working in the Lokaseva Bhawan were identified as COVID-19 positive.
In a letter, the General Administration and Public Grievance Department stated an advisory has been drawn up for government offices in consultation with the Health and Family Welfare Department once a COVID-19 positive case is reported.
The Head of Office / COVID Compliance Officer will be responsible for implementation of the protocol.
1) Immediate isolation of person to Home isolation/ Covid treatment facility as per protocol (Contact BMC control room/ ADUPHO cell number: 9937 549932/1929)
2. Contact tracing (By Rapid Response Team of BMC)
3. Quarantine of contacts as per category (High risk/ low risk)
4. Management of contacts as per guideline. The responsibility will lie with BMC Control Room/ADUPHO who can be contacted at 9937549932/1929.
5. Workplace disinfection as per guideline of disinfection of common public places including offices.
6) Closure of workplace: if there are one or two cases reported, places/ areas visited by the patient in past 48 hours will be closed/sealed for entry. There is no need to close the entire office building / halt work in other areas of the office. The work can be resumed after following the laid down disinfection protocol as attached (closing down for minimum 24 hours after disinfection).
7. However, if there is a large outbreak, the entire building has to be closed for 48 hours after thorough disinfection.
8. All the staff will work from home, till the building is adequately disinfected and is declared fit for reoccupation.
9. Use of face mask, frequent hand washing and social distancing is to be rigorously followed.
10. Disinfection to be undertaken with particular attention to high contact and highly visited areas
11. The equipments and furniture used by the person(s) need to be thoroughly disinfected
12. Other employees on resuming duties should adopt proper work place protocol and personal hygiene.