Bhubaneswar: Odisha might witness as many as 19278 daily COVID-19 cases during the peak of possible 3rd wave, as per an estimation of the state government.
While the expected duration of the 3rd wave is 75 days, the estimated average cases per day is 10217 with a total of 766275 infections during the period.
Below are other important aspects of the estimation.
P.K. Mohapatra, Additional Chief Secretary to Government, Health & Family Welfare Department has written to all collectors regarding approval of Emergency COVID Response Plan (ECRP) for tackling the possible 3rd wave.
The major activities approved under ECRP Phase-II are as follows:
* COVID essential diagnostics (Provision of Rapid Antigen & RT-PCR Test kits & establishment of RT-PCR Labs) and drugs (8 types of essential drugs).
* Establishment of Dedicated Pediatric Care Units (20/ 30 bedded Oxygen supported wards & 12 bedded Hybrid ICU).
* Establishment of Prefab units at PHC (6 bedded) & CHC (20 bedded) level.
* Provision of additional ICU Beds in existing lCUs.
* Establishment of 50 bedded field hospitals at selected DHH/ SDH/ CHC level.
* Upgradation of BLS to ALS Ambulance for augmenting capacity of referral transportation services.
* Support for establishment Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO) & Medical Gas Pipeline System (MGPS).
* Provision for engagement of additional Human Resources (i.e. Medical PG Residents, Medical UG interns, Final Year MBBS students, Final Year GNM Nursing students & Final Year BSc. Nursing students only).
* Strengthening implementation of e-HMIS at DHH level through the support of OCAC & CDAC.
* Strengthening Hub (MCHs), Sub-Hub (DHHs) & Spokes (COVID Care Centers) for tele-consultation services in the State.
* Capacity building for strengthening COVID management services, wherever required.
All the above activities need to be completed latest by December 2021 and related expenditure to be booked in FMR January 2022, the official wrote in the letter.