Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government today issued guidelines for the month of December. In some of the major decisions taken by the government, the medical colleges in the State were allowed to reopen from tomorrow and international air travel of passengers, except those are permitted by MHA will continue to remain closed. Large social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other congregations will remain prohibited till December 31, 2020.
Other key highlights of the guidelines issued by the State government:
• All Medical Colleges of the State will reopen with effect from December 1, 2020. Medical College authorities will follow all SOPs /guidelines issued by Central/ State Government, scrupulously.
• All Academic/ Technical Skill Development Institutions (except Medical Colleges) will remain closed till December 31, 2020 or till such date as decided by the Departments concerned.
• All Anganwadi Centres will remain closed till December 31, 2020 and the arrangement for supply of ration to the beneficiaries must continue.
• District Magistrate/ Municipal Commissioner will permit public worship in religious places/ places of worship with appropriate restrictions, after local assessment of the situation and consultation with relevant stakeholders
• Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment complexes, theatres, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places will continue to remain closed.
• Swimming Pools owned and controlled by Government/ recognized by the Department of Sports & Youth Services, Government of Odisha will be allowed to open for training of sports persons as per SOP issued by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Gol.
• International air travel of passengers, except those are permitted by MHA will continue to remain closed till December 31, 2020.
• Large social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other congregations will remain prohibited till December 31, 2020.
• Large meetings of members of associations/clubs/ institutions/ organizations must be avoided till December 31, 2020.
• No authority shall impose any local lockdown at District, Sub-division, City or below level outside the containment zones and in case, it is felt absolutely necessary in the interest of containment of the disease and prevention of the spread of infection, the Collector/ Municipal Commissioner may move the Special Relief Commissioner for consultation with Central Government. However, the Collector/ Municipal Commissioner may, impose local restrictions on mobility, congregation, operation of shops and establishments, offices and other activities, if it is so required.
• Business to Business (B2B) exhibitions will be allowed in exhibition halls with participants up to 50% of the hall capacity with a ceiling of 100 persons subject to compliance of Covid-19 safety protocols. Business to Customer (B2C) exhibitions/ Mela/ similar functions such as Toshali Craft Mela, Shisir Saras, etc. will remain prohibited.
• Marriage related gatherings will be allowed with a ceiling of 200 persons and funeral/ last rites related gatherings with a ceiling of 50 persons, subject to the following conditions:
a. In closed spaces, a maximum of 50% of the hall capacity will be allowed subject to the above ceilings.
b. In open spaces, keeping the size of the ground/ open space in view, appropriate number of persons will be allowed, subject to the above ceilings.