Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance officials today raided multiple places in connection with allegation against Nuapada Assistant Civil Supplies Officer (ACSO) Ratnakar Sethy regarding possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Sleuths of the anti-corruption agency conducted simultaneous searches at six places on the strength of search warrant issued by Special Judge, Cuttack. The places are his residential house at Bali Sahi, Cuttack; one G+3 building at Chauliaganj, Cuttack; Nataraj Palace Kalyan Mandap at Bali Sahi, Cuttack; land of 3 acres covered by boundary wall with house at Oranda, Choudwar, Cuttack; office room, Nuapada and rented house at Nuapada.
As many as six teams comprising 6 DSPs and 12 inspectors of the Vigilance carried out the raids.
The officials have so far unearthed the following assets of the ACSO.
1. Insurance premium paid worth over Rs 1.13 crore.
2. One triple storeyed building at Chauliaganj, Cuttack.
3. One double storeyed building at Bali Sahi, Cuttack.
4. One Kalyan Mandap namely Natraj Palace at Balisahi, Madhupatna, Cuttack.
5. Land of three acres with boundary and rest house at Oranda, Choudwar, Cuttack.
6. Gold jewellery weighing around 498 grams.
7. Silver jewellery weighing around 2.5 kg.
Till last reports came in, the searches were underway and calculation of total value of his movable and immovable properties was yet to be completed.