Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance today arrested Gaya Santara, Joint Manager, Industrial Development Corporation of Odisha Limited (IDCOL) for allegedly possessing assets worth crores of rupees disproportionate to his known sources of income.
According to official sources, he was found in possession of disproportionate assets worth over Rs 10 Crore.
Santara will be forwarded to the Court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar.
The anti-corruption agency had on December 20 carried out simultaneous house searches at multiple places in Bhubaneswar, Nayagarh, Koraput and Rayagada in connection with the case.
The following movable and immovable assets belonging to the official were unearthed during the searches.
* A three storeyed building located in Mancheswar Industrial Estate, Bhubaneswar.
* A four storeyed building (under-construction) located in Jaydev Vihar, Bhubaneswar.
* 13 plots, including seven plots in prime areas of Bhubaneswar, 5 plots in Jajpur and one plot in Nayagarh.
* Bank deposits of Rs 4.44 crore.
* Rs 1.06 crore in cash.
* 1.96 kg gold.
* 7.5 kg silver.
* 2 four-wheelers and four two-wheelers.