Cuttack fire: 2 more of family die, toll reaches 6

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Cuttack, Dec 4: 

Two more of the victims who had been admitted to the SCB Medical College yesterday with severe burns have died, taking the total toll to six, in yesterday’s CDA sector-7  fire case in Cuttack, Odisha.  In a further development  police has registered a murder case in the fire house incident in which a woman and her three children were charred to death yesterday.

woman in fire

Anita Sahoo in her dying statement has said that her father, Anadi Sahoo poured kerosene and torched the room; Cuttack DCP Sanjiv Arora has said according to reports.

“Primilary investigation shows that the fire was instigated by someone. We have also registered the dying statement of Anita Sahoo before the judicial magistrate and doctors where she said that they had a family dispute. Yesterday, Arun Sahoo who had escaped from the house had also registered a case in the police sation. A murder case under IPC 302 has been registered”, said Cuttack DCP Sanjiv Arora.

Yesterday, 4  persons, a woman and three her children had burned to death in a major fire that broke out in a house in CDA sector-7 area of Odisha’s millennium city. The woman, Kuna Sahoo, is the daughter of Anadi Sahoo’s sister; she had come with her three children to see Balijatra.

Two others, the father Anadi Sahoo and daughter Anita Sahoo duo who were admitted in a serious condition to the hospital, died today.

The incident happened at around 7:30 pm in the evening on Thursday, passerby and neighbours informed the police after seeing thick cloud smoke coming out of their house.

The Cuttack DCP has said that there was family trouble, with the father; Anadi Sahoo had married second time after his wife had died some years ago which his grown up children resented.

A note has been recovered from the place of incident, written by Anadi Sahoo and is with the police.

Meanwhile, Arun Sahu, 24 year-old son of Andi Sahoo in a police compliant yesterday night has said that his father had started the blaze. He in his compliant had said that when all of us were watching TV at home Anadi came and poured oil and torched the room. While, all of us were buring, Anandi went into the bathroom to save himself, his son has said.



Also Read

Comments are closed.