Cuttack: The Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) today issued guidelines for mosques in the city during the month of Ramzan in view of the COVID-19 situation.
Below are the guidelines issued by the civic body:
* All religious congregations within the mosque or outside for Namaz during the month of Ramzan would be restricted to 100 persons or 50% of hall capacity whichever is lesser.
* Mosque management committee will be responsible for ensuring token-wise entry of persons.
* There will be social distancing marks at a distance of 6ft each where the devotees would sit/stand to offer the prayer.
* There will be no common washing facility for ablutions prior to the worship and only running water should be provided.
* Persons with comorbidities/senior citizens/children below the age of 5 years must not be allowed.
* Hand sanitization and thermal scanning facility at entrance and after prayer.
* Usage of mask must be adhered to for all the devotees.
* Devotees to maintain distance amongst each other while greeting and prayers.