Bhubaneswar: Cyclone Gulab is likely to cross north Andhra Pradesh-south Odisha coasts by the evening of 26th September, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecasted.
“The Depression over northeast and adjoining east central Bay of Bengal moved westwards with a speed of 12 kmph in last 6 hours, intensified into a Deep Depression and lay centered at 0530 hrs IST of 25 th September 2021, over north and adjoining east central Bay of Bengal near Lat. 18.4°N and Long. 89.7°E, about 510 km east-southeast of Gopalpur (Odisha) & 590 km east-northeast of Kalingapatnam (Andhra Pradesh),” a bulletin of the IMD issued at 8.30 AM today said.
“It is likely to intensify into a Cyclonic Storm during next 12 hours. It is likely to move nearly westwards and cross north Andhra Pradesh – south Odisha coasts between Visakhapatnam and Gopalpur around Kalingapatnam by evening of 26th September, 2021,” the bulletin added.
The maximum sustained surface wind speed of the system is expected to be 90 kmph.
Forecast track and intensity are given in the following table:
* 25th Sept.: Light to moderate rainfall at many places with heavy rainfall at isolated places
likely over Gangetic West Bengal, Odisha and Coastal Andhra Pradesh.
* 26th Sept.: Light to moderate rainfall at most places with heavy to very heavy falls at a few places & extremely heavy falls at isolated places very likely over south Odisha and north coastal Andhra Pradesh; heavy to very heavy falls at isolated places over Telangana and heavy falls at isolated places over north interior Odisha & Chhattisgarh.
* 27th Sept.: Light to moderate rainfall at most places with heavy to very heavy & extremely heavy falls at isolated places very likely over south Chhattisgarh; heavy to very heavy falls at isolated places over Odisha & Telangana and heavy rainfall at isolated places over coastal West Bengal.
* 25th Sept: Squally wind speed reaching 50-60 kmph gusting to 70 kmph very likely over Northwest and adjoining West Central Bay of Bengal and increase gradually becoming gale wind speed reaching 60-70 kmph gusting to 80 kmph from the evening and 70-80 kmph gusting to 90 kmph from 26th morning till evening.
* Squally wind speed reaching 40-50 kmph gusting to 60 kmph likely along and off Odisha-North Andhra Pradesh coasts from today morning. It will gradually increase becoming gale wind speed reaching 70-80 kmph gusting to 90 kmph from afternoon of 26th till midnight along & off north Andhra Pradesh & adjoining south Odisha coasts.
* Sea condition will be rough to very rough over Northwest and adjoining West Central Bay of Bengal and along and off Odisha, West Bengal and North Andhra Pradesh coasts during next 12 hours and become High from today evening till 26th Sept. evening.
* Sea condition will be rough to very rough over Northwest Bay of Bengal and along and off Odisha-north Andhra Pradesh coasts on 27th Sept.
* The fishermen are advised not to venture into east-central & adjoining northeast Bay of Bengal and Andaman Sea on 25th Sept.
* The fishermen are advised not to venture into northwest & adjoining west central Bay of Bengal and along & off Odisha, West Bengal & North Andhra Pradesh coasts till 27th Sept.