Balangir: Odisha Vigilance officials today raided multiple places in connection with allegation against Bijay Kumar Parida, Divisional Forest Officer (DFO), Rayagada Peripheral, regarding possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The Vigilance traced assets worth crores of rupees, including eight plots in and around Bhubaneswar, Puri, Cuttack and Jajpur.
The simultaneous house searches were carried out at seven places in Rayagada, Khurdha, Cuttack and Jajpur districts by 8 DSPs, 6 Inspectors and other staff of the anti-corruption agency on the strength of search warrants issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar.
The following properties in the name of Parida and his family members have been unearthed so far.
1) G+3 storeyed building (under construction) at Srikoruan, Cuttack.
2) One triple storeyed building at Rasulgarh, Bhubaneswar.
3) Flat at Ashirbad Plaza, Kalarhanga, Patia, Bhubaneswar.
4) 8 plots in and around Bhubaneswar, Puri, Cuttack and Jajpur.
5) Cash Rs 1,24,600.
6) A four-wheeler and 2 two-wheelers.
7) Bank, Insurance and other deposits.
Till last reports came in, the raids were underway while the total value of his movable and immovable properties was yet to be calculated.