Bhubaneswar: Odisha Transport Commissioner Sanjeeb Panda and his wife Santosh Bala, Special Secretary of Home Department, had a narrow escape as a major fire broke out at Satkosia Eco Retreat camp, early this morning.
At least three cottages were reduced to ashes in the blaze. The IPS couple, who escaped unhurt, was staying in one of the cottages at the Eco Retreat camp.
“By the grace of God, me and Santosh escaped without any injury as fire broke out in our tent at Satkosia Eco Retreat at about 5 am,” wrote Panda in his Facebook post.
By the grace of God, me and Santosh escaped without any injury as fire broke out in our tent at Satkosia Eco Retreat at…
Though the reason behind the outbreak of fire was yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that electrical short circuit might have led to the mishap. On being informed, Fire Services personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
The Odisha Tourism Department informed that all visitors are safe and a probe into the matter is being conducted. Steps will be taken to ensure that no recurrence of such an incident happens in future, it said.
Safety of the tourists is paramount and all steps will be taken to ensure that no recurrence of such an incident happens in future.
— Odisha Tourism (@odisha_tourism) February 28, 2021