Bhubaneswar: All technical educational institutions in Odisha, which were closed due to the COVID-19 situation, reopened today.
The educational institutions–Technical Universities, Diploma, ITI, Degree and Polytechnic colleges– reopened for physical classroom teaching for final year students with adherence to COVID-19 protocols. All hostels of the educational institutions have also reopened.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Conduct of Physical Classroom Teaching:
*Physical classes shall be held in regular manner to cover all chapters of the syllabus irrespective of coverage of some chapters by online mode.
* Whenever possible, the physical classroom teaching shall be recorded and shared with absentee students.
* Teachers/Staff/Students residing in active containment zone shall not come to Universities/ Colleges.
* Face Mask/ Face Cover shall be mandatory.
* Frequent Hand Wash/ Hand sanitization shall be ensured.
* Social Distancing (6 ft. distance) shall be adopted in classrooms, libraries, laboratories, etc. If needed, crowded classes can be divided into batches and teaching hours in a day can be extended.
* Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
* Respiratory etiquettes shall be strictly followed. (i.e. Covering one’s mouth and nose by handkerchief while coughing/sneezing).
* Self-monitoring of health should be encouraged.
* Reporting of illness by students and staff should be mandatory. Isolation room in all hostels should be kept ready for immediate shifting of any inmate reporting illness.
* In addition to commencement of physical classroom teaching for UG/ PG/ Diploma/ ITl courses, research activities shall also commence in physical mode from the same date.