Fire breaks out at District Registration Office in Cuttack

Cuttack: A major fire broke out at the District Registration Office at Chandni Chowk here, today.

At least two persons sustained injuries in the fire mishap and were admitted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital here.

The blaze reportedly damaged the record room of the office. A two-wheeler was also gutted in the flame.

Fire services personnel and three fire fighting vehicles were engaged to extinguish the fire.

The reason behind the outbreak of fire was yet to be ascertained.

“The cause of the fire mishap can be known after dousing the flames. The fire is under control. We have rescued two persons and sent them to hospital. Flammable liquid in drums intensified the fire. The liquid was yet to be identified. We suspect that it might be alcohol. Electrical short circuit or fire emerging from a nearby hotel might have led to the mishap,” a Fire Services official said.

Also Read

Comments are closed.