Bhubaneswar: A major fire broke out near lift area of Officers’ Rest House, Rail Sadan here this evening.
According to sources, the the fire mishap took place around 6.50 pm while the elevator was damaged in the incident. On being informed, Fire personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flames before any major damage.
A storeroom and a bathroom were damaged in the blaze. The lift glass and its wiring also suffered damage, sources said.
East Coast Railway has appointed a senior officer-level Enquiry Authority to enquire into the matter and submit report.