Bhadrak: As many as 14 shops were burnt and properties worth over Rs 50 lakh were gutted in a major fire that broke out late on Thursday night in Tihidi area of Bhadrak district.
The fire tender services were pressed into action to douse the flame. Though the exact reason of fire mishap is yet obscure, the short circuit is said to be the cause of fire.
The damages caused by the fire will be estimated after the local RI and Tehsildar reach the mishap site.
According to reports, the fire broke out at around 12.00 am. The shops including cloth store, grocery, fertiliser and vegetable and betel shops were burnt into ashes in the incident.