Bhubaneswar: With just a few days away for Diwali celebrations, Odisha Government has allowed the traders to sell firecrackers at limited places in Bhubaneswar.
According to an official notification issued by the General Administration & Public Grievance Department of Odisha Government to the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) today, the permission has been accorded for temporary use of government land in respect of 7 different patches for selling of firecrackers during Diwali-2022.
The applicants need to get clearance from all concerned departments like DCP Bhubaneswar, Fire, TPCODL and R&B and deposit the ground rent for selling the firecrackers during Diwali.
As per the notification, the firecrackers will be sold at following locations in Bhubaneswar.
1. Sabarasahi Melan Padia at Gadakana area
2. Rasulgarh Durga Mandap at Bomikhal area
3. Palasuni Biju Patnaik Play Ground at Pandra area
4. Unit-1 High School back side at Bapuji Nagar area
5. Laxmisagar Melan Padia at Laxmisagar
6. Infront of Badagada Crematoria at Badagada area
7. Backside of BDA market at Badagada area