Food poisoning claims three of family in Odisha’s Ganjam
The deceased were identified as Sabita Sahu, a teacher at Mahatma Gandhi High School in Sriramnagar and her two sons.
Aska: In a shocking incident, three members of a family including a woman and her two sons died of suspected food poisoning while two others are critical in Sheragada in Odisha’s Ganjam district here today. The deceased were identified as Sabita Sahu, a teacher at Mahatma Gandhi High School in Sriramnagar and her two sons. Her mother in-law and husband are undergoing treatment at Sheragada hospital, sources said.
As per reports, Sabita and her family members were rushed to the hospital in a critical state after their condition deteriorated in the morning. However, she and her two sons were declared dead on arrival by the doctors. Hospital authorities informed that her husband is stable now but her mother in-law is critical.
Preliminary investigation indicated that the family fell sick due to food poisoning. Meanwhile, Sheragada police reached the spot and started investigation. probe is underway and the exact cause of death will be ascertained after the autopsy report arrives.